Virtue Counts

03:28


 So yesterday I had a very interesting day. Not going to go into all the details but there was a certain topic that was raised while my friend, my sister and I were talking; the topic was marriage. I know y’all are thinking that that’s so far away and it’s not going to happen anytime soon, which is true. What a lot of people (mainly girls cause this concerns them the most) don’t know is that unless you are marrying out of your race you need to start now to attain certain attributes that will enhance your chances at getting married to a good family cause when you marry a guy it’s not only him you marry, you marry his family. I don’t know about most cultures but I do know in the African culture values are well appreciated especially by mothers.

 Yesterday we were talking about how most girls in our generation don’t think about tomorrow they just think for today and go all wild forgetting that in the future all the wild shit they’ve done can be exposed within a blink of an eye. I’m not perfect at all and I’ve made some very stupid mistakes in the past but I’ve learned from them. In fact I even realize how stupid I used to be. It’s quite funny cause at the time when I committed these mistakes I felt like a “bad bitch.” Come to realize that what mattered to me then means nothing to my current plan on success.

 A lot of girls focus on stupid shit, excuse my language. They focus on stupidity. They live for the “turn ups” and for the chance to be titled a “bad bitch”. You guys might think I’m one boring ass female who doesn’t know how to have fun but that’s not true, I can have fun oo and also turn up but to an extent in which I won’t end up looking stupid after everything. Girls love talking about guys with money, how they dash them so many things, and how fabulously perfect the guy is; in fact when some girls say this I feel like asking them if the guy is a robot because no relationship whether the guy is poor, rich, or whatever he is, is perfect. Girls don’t like being realistic and they certainly don’t like being real with one another they will finish concealing all their problems and worries with the most fabulous lies you’ll be wondering “ah ah how come God didn’t butter my bread like that.”

 Anyways you’re probably wondering how this has to do with marriage, I’m getting there. Due to the fact that a lot of girls these days focus on unrealistic things and think about the present, they tend to make a number of mistakes that can and will affect them in the future.  When a girl is getting married or is in the process of getting married the girls’ number one enemy of progress is the mother of her future husband. Mothers know how to dig for gold literally, they will finish asking people in your village, asking people you haven’t talked to in ages, in fact they will finish asking the entire universe who you are, where you come from, and how good of a person you are. When you live a reckless life in your glory days, the shit you do will surely affect you; after all what comes up must surely come down. Once the mother of your future husband finds out who you really are it can either benefit you or ruin you because not only will she stop you from marrying her son but she will tell other mothers about you, labeling you as “ that one kind nonsense gal who wanted to snatch my son” and that will be horrible. 

  Another factor that can destroy a girls’ chance of finding the right guy is the fact that she’s been or was passed around the circle of guys. When guys are able to sit down and two or more of them are able to talk about their experiences with you that’s a bad thing. First of all if you meant something to a guy his friends would never make advances towards you, unless their un-loyal but true friends don’t try that shit. So for a guy and his circle of good friends ( mind you these guys could have been friends since birth) to sit down and bring up your name as a topic of discussion in a negative way means you have destroyed your chances of finding a good guy easily, because guys talk a lot of shit. Guys like good things just as much as we girls do. They will finish destroying a girl and bringing her down, but their girlfriend must be pure and flawless and all of the above. It’s quite fucked up but that’s just their nature and we girls continue to make them grow worse because of the lack of self-respect or the lack of common sense we tend to display. A guy treasures a girl more when they know that the girl is not only beautiful but has a good head on her shoulders and those are they type of girls they want to marry. They can finish washing you like a dirty pant with all their lies just so you can agree to fulfill their needs but after that is done you will be old news.

  My point is that girls should try and change their priorities so their future will be brighter or else your priorities will change you and it most likely will not be in a good way.  Meanwhile I’m trying to get my life started because I want to live a life that’s above par and that can’t be achieved if I don’t realize my mistakes and improve. 
 P.S if you want that Bella Naija Wedding of your dreams you better shape up my friends.

0 comments